The human growth hormone is produced by the pituitary gland. The pituitary is a tiny gland, the size of a pea, found at the base of the brain. HGH is responsible for helping to stimulate the growth of bones, fat loss, muscles, and organs, and stimulates cell reproduction. Most active in adolescence, HGH reaches peak levels around the mid-20s, then starts declining in the early 40s.
The studies have shown how beneficial it is in preventing aging, repairing tissues, increasing metabolism and muscle growth. But, what a few of us know is that human growth hormones also help in losing weight.
It’s been seen that adults with lower HGH levels have obesity issues. To get rid of this problem, there are natural ways to boost human growth hormones and regulate their constant production in the body.
Here are 6 amazing effects of human growth hormone on weight loss
- The most notable changes in our body are seen when an individual is deficient in growth hormone.
- HGH production peaks during the teenage years and slowly declines with age.
- Studies have shown that obese adults have lower levels than normal-weight adults.
- When adults with an HGH deficiency resulting from pituitary disease are given HGH replacement, it improves body composition — increasing bone mass and muscle mass and decreasing fat stores.
- A study published in 2009 in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism found that 39 obese men and women who participated in 6-month treatment using diet, exercise and smaller doses of HGH lost 5 pounds of fat.
- HGH influences the body to lose weight by stimulating the metabolism in its efforts of processing proteins, carbohydrates, and lipids (fats). When proper metabolic actions are in place, the food that has been consumed can be converted to ready to use fuel to power the body rather than fat that will be stored away for future use.
HGH for weight loss helps lose weight by increasing lean muscle tissue. Since muscle burns calories at a higher rate than fat, a person will naturally start to increase their caloric output each day.
When this is taken into consideration, along with the fact that energy levels are also increased, many people find that exercise endurance becomes greatly improved which can also contribute to the burning of fat and loss of excess weight.